Thursday, March 29, 2012

Everything is Amazing!

It hit me the other day: I can't think of a better era to be alive in. Everything is amazing! This particular epiphany came to me while travelling between Québec city and Montréal the other day. There I was, working on my thesis, when BAM! My head snapped up and my synapses were pulsing: "Oh my God! Here I am, on a train, going 200 km/h, in Canada, researching through a library in freakin' France to read a 250 year old book I otherwise would not have physical access to unless I chose to cross the Atlantic... and as I'm writing, my fingers aren't sore from pushing a pencil nor do I have to freak over a temperamental typerwritter!" Boy, did we evolve from monks scribbling away, to Gutenberg's press, to sheer awesomeness! And yet everyone takes this for granted! ARG! People, listen to Louis C.K.:



And I don't care much for this cynicism:


Come on people, take five minutes to drool over your luck of having been that one spermatozoa to have conquered the odds and made it to 21st century Western civilization!

No comments:

Post a Comment